ON THE 23rd MARCH 2020 THE PRIME MINISTER ADVISED US ALL TO STAY AT HOME - THIS WILL BE IN PLACE FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS
People can only leave home for one of the four following reasons:
- Shopping for groceries or essentials
- Any medical need
- One form of exercise per day
- Travelling to and from work, if it's absolutely necessary and you cannot work from hom
2.1 When Should I Self-Isolate?
- If you have a high temperature or new, continuous cough
- You must self-isolate for 7 days if you live alone
- You must all self-isolate for 14 days if you live with others (if someone gets symptoms during isolation all householders must remain symptom free for 7 days even if that means isolating for more than 14 days)
Self-isolation will save lives - it's important you follow the guidance if you're affected.
2.2 Why Should I Self-Isolate?
If you have a high temperature or new continuous cough you must self-isolate for 7 days, if you live alone. If you live with others you must all self-isolate for 14 days.
Self-isolation will save lives - and while 90% of people will recover from this virus - some will get seriously ill and it is these people we need to protect.
After seven days, if you feel better and no longer have a high temperature, you can return to your normal routine.
2.3 How Should I Look After Myself When I Self-Isolate?
• Get plenty of rest
• Drink plenty of water (fluids)
• Eat as healthily as you can
• To reduce pain and fever take paracetamol (if you use other mediation get in touch with your care provider)
• Keep in contact with friends and family by phone, video and online
2.4 Can I Go To The Theatre, Cinema, The Pub, A Restaurant, Clubs …
Many theatres, pubs and restaurants will now be closed. We must all do what we can to stop the spread of the virus. The Government has changed the law so pubs and restaurants without a licence can offer take away services. Social-distancing, keeping physically distant from others, is critically important in saving lives.
The Government guide to social distancing can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults