I have met with health and community stakeholders to discuss support for local vulnerable people.
The meeting was part of a new group I have set up, ‘Fareham Vulnerable Persons Strategic Forum’, which is seeking a collaborative understanding of the strategies currently in place to support the vulnerable in Fareham.
The meeting aimed to:
- Identify opportunities to increase resources and make better use of existing resources.
- Improve inter-agency working to secure truly ‘joined up’ services.
- Suggest systemic improvements (using anonymised case studies)
- Identify learning opportunities to secure future improvement
- Coordinate initiatives to promote awareness of the support available to encourage early intervention.
Citizens Advice Bureau, Fareham Borough Council, Fareham Constabulary, Hewat Centre, Fareham & Gosport CCG, the Department for Work and Pensions, Friends of the Homeless (Fareham & Gosport), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust and the National Probation Service, were represented at the meeting.
I hope that, together, we can improve outcomes for the vulnerable in Fareham as well as save valuable time and resources by having different agencies and community groups working closer together. I am thankful to all of the organisations who were represented at the first meeting and am looking forward to making a real change for the most vulnerable in our community.