Small business owners across Fareham have been praised by Suella for the resilience they have showed during the pandemic and ongoing commitment to the local communities they serve. Suella has recently seen the vital role that local businesses are playing in supporting our local communities through her recent visits to 84 by the Shore, Moody Decking, Caldera Heat Batteries and Threat Status.
Lately, Suella has been supporting local businesses through her Solent Business Forum and Google Digital Garage event. On Friday 19th November Suella hosted the Solent Business Forum. This provided many local businesses the chance to share their expertise, insights and ideas with each other. Guests at the forum received a talk from Andy Richardson, Police Detective Superintendent and Centre Director of the Cyber Resilience Centre for the South East. DI Andy Richardson’s speech offered local businesses guidance on assessing threats, using more secure passwords, protecting sensitive information, and preventing cyber-attacks. On Friday 26th November Suella joined specialists from Google to host a Google Digital Garage workshop. The workshop gave Fareham business owners expert advice on how they can grow their enterprises, maximise outreach and increase uptake from potential stakeholders.
This year, Small Business Saturday is an opportunity to celebrate the thousands of small, independent businesses in Fareham – encouraging communities to shop local and support business owners. This Conservative Government is committed to making the United Kingdom the best place in the world to do business – especially for our small business owners and entrepreneurs.
The Conservative Government has a long and proud record of supporting businesses here in the United Kingdom, the Government is now committed to helping these same businesses to build back better from the pandemic. Conservative Government provided support includes:
- Protecting businesses and employees with over £407 billion of economic support throughout the pandemic including over £100 billion in business loans.
- Awarding over £600 million worth of Start Up Loans to provide funding to entrepreneurs and small businesses owners – supporting up to 10,000 more entrepreneurs across the UK.
- Introducing tax cuts and reforms, cutting business rates by at least 50 per cent for eligible businesses.
- Continuing over Small Business Rates Relief, with over 700,000 eligible businesses – benefitting from a tax cut worth £7 billion.
- Launch our two Help to Grow Schemes, aimed to particularly provide small business owners with world class management training and digital skills.
- Supporting business owners to find the skilled staff they need throughout multi-billion-pound Plan for Jobs.
This support, along with the Government’s commitment to level up towns and cities across the UK is helping
to transform town centres and high-streets across the country – where small businesses can grow.
Commenting Suella Said:
“Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, our high streets and an integral part of our recovery from the pandemic in Fareham. It is always a pleasure to visit local businesses, I am proud to be part of a Government that is supporting the many small businesses that so many of us in Fareham rely on.”